Android Oreo can be officially downloaded and installed by Android users. It's just not all types of Android smartphones can apply it.
As always on Android renewal, where version 8.0 Oreo has a lot of stability improvements, new features, and bug fixes.
Here are some of the smartphone devices announced by Google can make updates to the Android version of Oreo. The devices listed below will be able to update Android 8.0 Oreo:
- Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, Z5, Z5 Premium
- Sony Xperia C5 Ultra, C4, M4 Aqua, M5
- Motorola Moto G4, G4 Plus, G5+, Moto X Pure Edition, X Style, and X-Play.
- Motorola Droid Turbo, Moto turbo, dan Moto M
- Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S6 Edge, S7, S7 Edge, S8.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Note 5, A8, A7, Alpha, On5, dan On7
- Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4, Mi5, Mi Max, Mi Mix
- Xiaomi Mi Note/Pro, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, 3S, 3S Prime, 4A
- HTC M9 Plus, M10
- HTC E9 Plus, X9
- Micromax Canvas Knight, Canvas 4, Canvas 5, Canvas Nitro, Canvas silver 5, Canvas gold.
- Micromax One, Unite 2, Turbo
- ASUS Zenfone 3, Zenfone 3 Deluxe, Zenfone 5, Zenfone Max, Zenfone Zoom.
- Vivo V3, V3 Max, V5 Lite, V5, V5 Plus
- Vivo Y55s, Y51.
- LG G4, G5, G6
- LG Flex, V10.
- One Plus 1, One Plus 2, One Plus 3, danOne Plus 3T
- Lenovo K3 Note, K4 Note, K5 Note, K6 Prime, Vibe X1, X2, Z2 Plus, kecuali Z1
- Lenovo A6000 and A7000 Turbo.
- Huawei Honor 5X, 6 Plus, Honour 7, 6/6P, Ascend P8, P8 Max, P9, dan Mate S.
- Oppo F1x, F1 Plus, F1, F3 Plus, Oppo r9, dan r9 Plus
Download Android 8.0 OreoDownload Android 8.0 files officially by clicking below and select your device. If your device is not on the list. Wait a few days for the developer to upload the file for your device.
- Android 8.0 Oreo for developers/developers:
Android 8.0 Oreo (ROM) For general users
If you are an Android user with developer status, then you can go through the official android page to download the developer version. However you are just a regular user, please download for ROM file version.
Note: After you download the rom file above, then copy that file in the external memory (SD Card) of your smartphone.
How To Upgrade Android 8.0 Oreo
Method 1: Manual Installation Through ROM
In This method, will discuss how to install Android version of Android 8.0 on your device. But before stepping into the steps below, you should know that this way requires doing custom recovery/custom recovery.
Whether it's with custom recovery using TWRP or Clockwork Mod. If you have not installed custom recovery at all. Please apply other ofamni articles that discuss "How to Install Custom Recovery CWM and TWRP on Android".
After you install a custom recovery on your smartphone. Then you are ready to step on the further deployment stage below.
Step 1: Please enter the custom recovery view by Pressing the "Volume Down + Power" button simultaneously and hold for a while until the custom recovery screen opens on your Android device.
For Samsung devices: Press the "Home + Volume Down + Power" button simultaneously
Step 2: Download the official Android Android 8.0 ROM for your device from XDA Developer via the link below:
Step 3: Select Backup / Restore and backup all your files, Images, Videos on SD card. Do not forget or skip this step. Otherwise, your data will be lost and will not be able to restore it after installing Android 8.0 ROM on your device.
Step 4: Go back to the custom recovery start menu and click on Wipe Cache / Partition cache and delete all cache files. To do so, Click "Yes, Wipe All Cache Data" and Back after completing this process.
Step 5: Click "Install Zip" and select the Android 8.0 ROM file you've downloaded earlier and saved on your external memory card (SD Card). Then swipe the screen to allow your phone to install Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on your smartphone.
It will take a long time to install completely. After the installation process is complete usually your smartphone will reboot back and point to your main Android screen. But if not, please reboot your smartphone or select "reboot system now".
Metode 2: Update Via OTA
Some devices are starting to get Android 8.0 oreo updates on their smartphones. If you want to check for Android 8.0 Oreo possibility officially via OTA update. Follow the simple steps below:
Navigate "Settings" -> Scroll the screen to the bottom, and you will see "About", click on it -> select "Software Update".
Please check "Update for". If your smartphone already allows doing it officially. Then you'll get a message that allows and guides to download file updates and install it automatically.
How to Install the Official Android 8.0 Launcher (Oreo)
Most users still do not know "How to root their Android Phone." But, still, maybe some of them want to show off their phones by customizing and installing some launchers. So here's the best Launcher officially released by Google for Android devices.
Especially for Pixel and Pixel XL Smartphone users. Download Links are below. So, just download Oreo Android Launcher. Apk.
- App Launcher Features Android Oreo Pixel 8.0:
- Display the same app as before. More bug fixes and Stability are updated in the new version.
- By using Pixel Launcher, you can slide the screen down to find an application According to Alphabetical Order (AZ).
- Long press the Home button to Enable or use Google Assistant on your Android
- The same Styles App icon on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Maybe that's all that can be described in the installation guide android 8.0 oreo above. The rest if there is something that is not understood or there may be errors that want to be corrected to this article. Please leave that trail through the comment field above.